Image: Sanzaru Games
Meta is working on a Quest 3 exclusive high resolution texture pack for Asgard’s Wrath 2 that will further improve the graphics.
Just before Christmas, the first patch for the VR mega role-playing game was released, improving resolution, frame rate and LOD rendering.
On Reddit, Oculus Studios producer Mike Doran gives a preview of the next patch, which will be released at the end of January.
The second patch will include a bunch of bug fixes, balance tweaks, and quality of life improvements. Doran is highlighting the following patch items:
- A toggle will be implemented to disable the Belt UI (Hold LS)
- A toggle will be implemented to disable the last used consumable shortcut. (Click LS)
- Fixes for progression issues around the first Spearmaiden encounter, visiting Tanuu out of the intended order, and certain quests that wouldn’t advance while playing in a non-English language.
- And many other items that will be expanded on when the time comes.
Doran also previewed improvements that will not make it into the next patch, but will be implemented “as soon as possible”. These include
- Support for multiple save games
- Cosmic Conquest refinements
- A Quest 3 exclusive high resolution texture pack
- Increased Audio Quality
In addition to this list, there are many more things the team is evaluating, Doran says. “We continue to investigate a bunch of other possibilities based on feedback from you guys and our own assessment of the game.”
Released on December 15, 2023, Asgard’s Wrath 2 is arguably the largest VR game developed for Meta Quest to date. It features dozens of hours of content, and currently holds a score of 92 on Metacritic.
The VR game runs on Quest 2 and Quest 3, and anyone who purchases a Quest 3 will receive the VR game for free until January 27, 2024.
Buy Quest 3, Accessories & Prescription Lenses